Earth Day has grown in popularity since the 1970’s. Nowadays many communities and countries celebrate “Earth Week” and “Earth Awareness Month”. It was created to bring up environmental issues, as well as urge support for environmental protection. Earth Day Anthem … Continue reading Things you can do to celebrate Earth Day!
This is one eventful month! April is Earth Awareness Month and it includes Earth Day on April 22nd! Here are some neat contests, giveaways, and events you can take part in. At the beginning of the month I did a … Continue reading Earth Awareness Month Reminders
Thanks to the Mother Nature Network, I found out about Ooho. A “gelatinous blob that is actually a membrane that encapsulates water like a bladder.“ Read the article here! The hope is that it will help reduce the demand we have on plastic bottles. Not only would this help reduce our oil/petroleum reliance, but reduce waste as well. Plus, there is still concern that plastic bottles may have some negative effects on human health. Want more articles on plastic bottles? Check out this link! Water is obviously important, but isn’t really something you think about everyday. Personally, I do my … Continue reading Can I have a water glob? And some liquid courage.
is a search engine that plants trees. Not digital trees, but real trees! Ecosia cooperates with The Nature Conservancy “Plant a Billion Trees” program, Ecosia is a search engine where you can search, and shop online to help reforest the Brazilian Atlantic Forest. 80% of its profits go directly to The Nature Conservancy to plant trees, and the other 20% is used to keep the company to neutralize all CO2 emissions related to the web search. ———————————————- Why Brazil? ———————————————– Are you ready to plant some trees?! Looking for another way to help the world while you spend your time … Continue reading Ecosia – Helping to plant a Billion Trees from your computer chair